Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Frankfurt Day

With Nick and Patrick in the US, I took Michael with me to work. We enjoyed getting our latte and hot chocolate in the Rotunde Café; Michael was my door-opener and used the transponder to get us into my office and the department kitchen. We stopped by Rm. 17, the room where we instructors leave papers and Scheine (report cards) for students, and the department head's office.


I was surprised to find a little package in my in-box--a packet from a former student who had been teaching at a boarding school in England for the last ten months. The student was sending a note to thank me for writing his recommendation and enclosed two paper models: Shakespeare's house on Stratford-on-Avon and the Globe Theatre. Michael had the perfect activity while I finished my end-of-the-semester chores!


We then went to our favorite sushi place with conveyer belt transporting different little Japanese specialties around the dining room, including Michael's favorite of the day--duck! On our walk to the train station, we passed the European Central Bank (see photo), where there are still Blockupy tents and banners set up.


Now it's time for us to do our daily weeding.


No comments:

Post a Comment